- SID Mtg
- Funding Opportunities
|Sun Pharma Awards|
Sun Pharma-SID Mid Career Awards
DESCRIPTION: The Sun Pharma-SID Mid Career Investigator Awards are intended to bridge funding gaps for outstanding investigative dermatologists who have submitted applications to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for R01 or R21 Awards that were well-scored, but not funded. The scientific review committee will attempt to distribute funding across several categories of research that include inflammatory skin diseases, skin cancer and photobiology.
ELIGIBILITY: Public or private institutions throughout the US such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, and non-profit organizations are eligible.
REQUIRED: Active SID Members who are an MD, DO, PhD, MD/PhD or equivalent, and full-time faculty position at a US Department or Division of Dermatology or equivalent.
Only applications in the field of dermatology or cutaneous biology will be eligible for this award.
The ideal applicant will have previously received highly meritorious NIH funding in the R-series (R03, R21, R01). Note: R01 Supplements are not eligible for Bridge Awards.
Award applicants must have submitted an NIH R01 or R21 application within the past 12-months to the NIH, but were not funded. Scores should be within 15 points or equivalent of a fundable score for each particular grant mechanism.
The research must be focused on new discoveries in the basic or clinical sciences, and should have current or potential impact on the understanding and treatment of inflammatory, neoplastic or developmental skin diseases.
AWARDS: There will be four Bridge Awards at $100,000 per year each, for a period of one year with an option for renewal up to two years.
REVIEW: An independent SID Grant Review Committee will select award recipients. Application deadline is October 31, 2017. Awards will be announced in December, 2017. Funding will begin in 2018 and Awardees will also be announced during the International Investigative Dermatology (IID 2018) Meeting in Orlando and published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
APPLICATION CHECKLIST: This list details the required elements of the applications:
Application must include:
1. A letter from the applicant stating:
2. An NIH style Biosketch that includes education and training, academic appointments, key publications, date of birth, and 'Other Support'
3. The Specific Aims and Research Strategy sections of the previous research proposal . Note: Human and/or animal use must be approved by the Institutional Review Board or equivalent and documented before funding begins.
4. The complete study section scores and comments, including the Summary Statement review of the proposal.
5. A line item budget and justification for the research project must be attached. Travel expenses up to $1,000 may be included and must be documented. Indirect costs to the sponsoring institution will not be allowed. Please use this budget template.