The SID Committee on Scientific Programs reviews all abstracts without knowing the identity of authors. All abstracts, including those selected for oral presentation, must be presented as posters.
- If you have been awarded an oral presentation, you must also participate in your assigned Poster Session (see below).
- All presentations should be taken to the speaker ready room at least two hours prior to the time of your talk and loaded onto the network via the meeting technicians. The Speaker Ready Room is in A103 located on the lower level. Do not take your presentation directly to the session room. Presentations should be in PowerPoint format. Please note that information regarding the preferred PowerPoint format can be viewed in the Audio/Visual section below.
- Due to CME Guidelines, ALL oral presentations must include a disclosure slide at the beginning of your presentation. If there is a real or perceived conflict of interest pertaining to your work, an announcement must be made prior to your oral presentation and also displayed on your poster.
- All oral presentations are allotted ten (10) minutes for presentation and two (2) minutes for discussion.
- Only one paper or poster may be read or presented by the same author at the Meeting, although a presenter may be a co-author of any number of papers. The material must not have been published prior to submission of the abstract or presented at any national meeting prior to the date of presentation at the SID Annual Meeting. Simultaneous submission of the same abstract to other meetings is prohibited.
Please note the SID Program is extremely busy, so you must be well prepared and keep to time. Session Moderators have been instructed to keep to the timetable and if you speak over your time you may be asked to finish prior to the end of your talk.
The Speaker Ready Room will be in Room A 103 on the lower level within the Oregon Convention Center (OCC). There will be resources to display only IBM-compatible presentations in the current versions of PowerPoint or earlier software versions and on Windows 2013 platforms (or earlier). Most slide presentations in the past have been in 4:3 aspect ratios. With the increased use of high definition projectors, a more wide-screen HD format (16:9) is becoming the norm at scientific meetings. The Hi-Def 16:9 format is what we would like for you to either create or re-format your finished PowerPoint slides to in anticipation of your presentation at the SID.
CREATE OR CONVERT TO 16:9 RATIO
Our A/V partner will also have personnel available onsite at the SID Annual Meeting to assist with those who may need help. However, due to the amount of time that may be needed to successfully convert an existing presentation, we ask that you visit the Speaker Ready Room in Room A 103 at least 12 hours in advance of your presentation, so that the staff can adequately provide the needed assistance. Presenters with large, embedded video movie files within their PowerPoint presentations are asked to deliver their presentation media to the Speaker Ready Room for review and loading onto the Meeting server in person 24 hours prior to presentation.
Poster presenters should bring a hard copy poster to the meeting and submit an e-poster (information forthcoming) prior to the meeting. Posters must be no more than 3'8" vertical x 3'9" horizontal (112 cm x 114 cm) in size. Posters should be installed on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm in Hall A-A1 of the Oregon Convention Center. All posters will be displayed for the duration of the meeting. Posters should be removed between 12:15 pm and 1:00 pm on Saturday, April 29, 2017. The SID is not responsible for posters left unclaimed as of 1:00 pm on Saturday, April 29, 2017 and unclaimed posters will not be returned. You are responsible for bringing push pins, Velcro strips...to secure your poster to the assigned Poster Boards. There will not be any made available by the meeting organizers.
FOR POSTER DIMENSIONS & TEMPLATE